Thursday, July 22, 2010

morning poop

sooo, yeah. I finally have time to blog. and I get to report what I woke up to this morning. as most of my blogging friends are already moms, you've probably been through this before, but it was a first for ben & I.
poop! poop everywhere!
I thought I was being spoiled when it was 7:30 and jack still wasn't up yet. then we hear him so both ben & I go in - poop everywhere. poop coming out of his diapers & jammie pants. poop smushed into the sheets. poop wiped on the crib padding. poop wiped all over the rail. I picked him up and noticed it was all over his hands. for some stupid reason I kissed his cheek & realized I had just kissed poop. it was all over one cheek, one ear & in his hair.
so needless to say, we went straight to the bathtub this morning. and NOW I can say everyone & everything is cleaned up and poop free. but that sure was fun.
I'm just thankful ben didn't encounter that yesterday morning when I was already at work. I'm also thankful he can be a little late to work to stay and help me.
I'm really not that grossed out- I deal with poopy animals all the time. it's just that they're not pooping on pottery barn kids crib sheets/padding!!
I know, I know, welcome to parenthood. :)

7 comments:

  1. p.s. I decided not to post pics of the poopy bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol... that is so flippin' funny! Thanks for not posting a picture of the poopie, but I would love to see a picture of your face when you walked into Jack's room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you for not posting a picture. I'm still laughing about this...and I secretly wish it would have been just Ben at home when it happened :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot imagine... I feel like I don't get grossed out as easily now that I'm a momma, but even the thought makes my stomach turn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. 3 kids and I've never been through that. And I have my fingers crossed that I never will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure what you people are doing right that I'm doing wrong - my kid is a poop machine!!!

    ReplyDelete